How to Connect a Laptop Keyboard to PS4?
Are you searching for simple ways of, how to connect a laptop keyboard to a PS4? Then don’t search any further; this article has the answers to all your problems.
It’s hard to believe but PS4 works with a keyboard. This way, it is easier for a web browser to search around faster with the PS4. Now an important question is how to connect a laptop keyboard to PS4? We say it’s easy but is it really for beginners? Some PS4 games support a laptop keyboard by default whereas it needs proper configuration for other games.
Unfortunately, you have to configure the settings for some games on PS4 to use a keyboard. The reason behind the lack of default keyboard settings I that handy tricks, snipping, and fast movement become much easier with a keyboard. So in this blog, we will together find the solution for how to connect a laptop keyboard to PS4?
Without wasting any time let’s get into the article and find some easy ways to connect a laptop keyboard to PS4.
Method#1 Using a Wired Laptop Keyboard
Using your laptop keyboard for PS4 can significantly improve your gaming performance. Therefore, finding the answer to the question of, how to connect a laptop keyboard to a PS4, is very important. Here we will discuss the first method by which you can accomplish this mission of connecting the laptop keyboard and PS4 successfully.
If you are thinking of using a wired keyboard for this purpose, it’s very simple and easy. Following are the steps you need to follow.
1) You will need a working laptop keyboard for this process.
2) Take a laptop keyboard with a USB cable.
3) Connect the keyboard to the PS4 by plugging its USB cable into a USB port.
4) You will find USB ports at the front of the console.
5) Once you plug in the laptop keyboard you will see find the two are connected and the keyboard works excellent with the PlayStation.
Method#2 Using a Wireless Laptop Keyboard
We often use wireless keyboards with our PCs because they are more convenient and easy to work with than wired ones. So following are the instructions on how to connect a wireless laptop keyboard to a PS4.
1) Power on your PS4 and go to “Device”.
2) Then select “Bluetooth” from the given menu.
3) Search your keyboard and add it to the pairing mode.
4) Your keyboard will then appear on the PS4 screen.
5) Select your keyboard, soon it the two devices shall connect.
6) Now you can use the wireless keyboard to navigate on you PS4.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can you connect your laptop keyboard to PS4?
Yes, you can connect both a mouse and a keyboard to your PS4. You can use either Bluetooth or a wired keyboard and mouse to connect to the PlayStation. You simply need to connect the USB cable of the mouse or keyboard to the USB port (available on the front of the console) on the PS4.
2) How do I use my laptop keyboard as an external keyboard for PS4?
If you use the same Wi-Fi on your PC and PS4 then you can easily connect the two and play games on it. All you need to do is tie the controller to the USB port on the laptop else the connection will not be established. The presence of the laptop and PS4 in the same room is also not necessary to establish a secure connection although availability and connection to the same Wi-Fi are important for both devices.
This was our article about how to connect a laptop keyboard to a PS4. We hope this article helped you connect your laptop keyboard and PS4. All the information in the blog is authentic and verified. The methods of solution included in this article were also verified by our expert’s team. If you have any queries, do contact us.
We hope this helps.