How to Delete a Message on Pinterest?
Pinterest is a commonly used social networking site. Just like all the other social media sites, Pinterest also has a messaging feature that allows barrier-free communication between people from all around the world. However, when it comes to messaging, Pinterest is not as easy as Instagram Direct Messages or Facebook Messenger.
Read Also: Best 49-inch Monitor – Review & Buying Guide
It may not be difficult for long-term Pinterest users to understand all the features but it is quite difficult for beginners to use. Then an important question arises, how to delete a message on Pinterest? As I said before, long-term users know, that you cannot delete messages on Pinterest, although, you can hide them.
In short, a Pinterest user cannot delete his/her sent message, however, hide them from him/herself but the server and receiver will still see the hidden messages. In this article, you will learn all the possible ways to hide, delete, or un-send messages on Pinterest using your Android, iPad, iPhone, Windows, as well as Mac.
Method#1 For New Version
The older version of Pinterest has a “Delete Conversation” option for users but for the newer version you cannot delete messages or chats. The service provider has completely removed the delete option from the site. But, Pinterest users can hide unwanted messages by the following steps.
1) First of all, open the Pinterest site on any of your devices, laptop, or mobile.
2) Then go to the Inbox on the App or site.
3) Open the conversation you would like to hide.
4) Click on the ‘more’ option in form of 3 dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
5) Select “Hide Conversation” from the menu.
6) the conversation will be hidden now.
This method only hides the messages on your devices, still, the receiver and server can see them.
Method#2 For Old Version
If you use the older version of Pinterest, you can delete messages. These are some simple steps by which you can delete messages using an iPad, iPhone, Mac, Android, or Windows. Read and follow the steps accordingly.
1) Using Android/iPhone/iPad
By following these steps, you can delete messages from your Pinterest account using an android, iPhone, or iPad. Let’s check the steps,
1) Open the Pinterest app on your mobile phone.
2) Then go to the “Messages” menu.
3) Select and hold the conversation, you want to delete, for a few seconds and press “Delete”.
4) To delete a specific message open the conversation.
5) Select the desired message and hold for a while.
6) Then click the 3 dot menu on the top-right of the screen.
7) Select the “Delete” option from the menu.
2) Using Windows/Mac
To delete messages from Pinterest using Windows or Mac follow the instruction mentioned below.
1) Make sure the device is connected to Wi-Fi, and go to the Pinterest official site.
2) Log in to your account and open the message ‘Inbox’.
3) Click on the “X” symbol in the conversation.
4) as soon as you do that, the conversation will be deleted from your inbox.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I delete messages on Pinterest?
On the older version of Pinterest, you can delete messages by simply going to the discussion you desire to delete. Then press the message for a few seconds until the delete option appears. Click on the delete option, and your desired message will delete.
2) Do messages disappear on Pinterest?
On the updated version of Pinterest, you cannot permanently delete messages however you can hide them. The hidden messages will be visible to the receiver. To hide a message, select it and click the 3 dots. Now choose to hide the message.
This was our article to let you know how to delete a message on Pinterest. The information in this article is authentic and the methods are tested.
We hope this helps.